Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Black Bunny hops in!


I'm very happy to be joining in with the black sheep.
And for my first project let me introduce to you Black Bunny.
The pattern is one of Kate Gilberts. He is my first ever knitted animal and he wasn't all that easy. Besides my choice in wool, patons ' Creme de la creme', which is so uneven with lots of lumpy bits and hairy bits and being black made it very tricky to knit. Frogged it at least twice.
And he nearly became known as 'Roadkill Bunny'.
I did get a bit of help from a women on the 'knitters review forum' as the instructions for the arms was a bit confusing.
But I'm happy with the end result and it will be hard to give him up but he is off to a little boy in Brixton.
I've nealy finished all my Xmas presents just need to sew them up and then I'll be onto my next black project....this is so much fun!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

He's really great! Lucky little boy!

I had a black rabbit when I was a kid...great big thing, too.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

love the bunny!
oh great, now that song is in my head - familiar with veggie tales?

the bunny, the bunny, i love the bunny!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Grace Garton said...

Thanks!
I'm packing his little flight bag this morning, it will be sad.
What is 'veggie tales'? On the other hand I don't think I want that song in my head.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want one! I WANT ONE .....pLEESSSe!
Da Wabbit hates flying, he told me so the other day when you came visiting.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Grace Garton said...

Ok Shane you got one!!

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home