Friday, November 11, 2005

Illusion knitting

The backThis is my illusion knitting project. Or well, 'tis the back of the sweater. I have started the front. At first, I mucked up the illusion part. I didn't really understand how the motif was supposed to be knit so I asked one of my knitting peeps to bring her copy of Shadow Knitting to our regular Monday night knit out at the Borders Café. After that, I frogged six rows, looked at the chart I wrote again, looked at the illusion knitting basic color alternations, and violá! the heart is starting to become visible. Yay. Some cool things about this sweater: (1) I am knitting it for my DD with yarn leftover from someone else's Christmas jumper; (2) I designed the sweater myself using the illusion techniques; (3) it belongs to the Black Sheep Knitalong; and (4) it belongs to the Illusion Knitalong, too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

What is the illusion of? I can't tell at that angle.

11:02 PM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

That's the back - there isn't an illusion on it - I'm doing a heart on the front.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

looks really great so far! can't wait to see the illusion effects :)

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home