Thursday, September 22, 2005

i'm trying!

Sorry, everyone, for not posting anything... I have been not working on my black project, and I don't have any pictures because I lack a digital camera, but I'll describe what I'm making with my black acrylic yarn.

It's the Monk's Travel Satchel, which can be downloaded (for free) from Interweave Press here. The story so far is that I started this project...eek, maybe a year ago? and set it aside to make some gifts and design a sweater and do some other stuff. When I picked it up again a couple weeks ago, my gauge had changed, so I'm trying to sort that issue out without having to rip back all the way and start over again. Not that I've gone very far - perhaps 8 inches of the main strap. But still...

This is a really nice project to learn/practice Norwegian purling with if you are a continental knitter like I am. A lot of it is seed stitch, which greatly encourages you to find ways to NOT bring that yarn back and forth after every stitch.

Happy knitting!

2 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

I have some hemp and cotton blend that I would like to use to knit this satchel.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

What a gorgeous pattern! If I used knitted bags I would definitely make it! I'm in the same boat -- I never have time to take pictures but am always knitting a black project!

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home