Thursday, September 29, 2005

First dpn project

Beginning the pint cozyPass me a spoon!I learned how to manage the dpns Monday night. The dork quotient was quite high at the café. It feels really awkward and I wanted to try to knit upside down, if that makes any sense. I kept trying to hold the triangle in the vertical plane instead of in the horizontal plane.

Well, six rows of double moss stitch later, it was a little less awkward but I was dreading the decreases. Oh, I decided that the ribbing I am using is double moss stitch because there are 42 stitches per round and the k2, p2 rib that I was going to use would have had two columns of k2 adjacent to one another where the rounds join. So, since I had already painstakingly finished the first row, I simply decided to reverse the knits and purls like a simple seed or moss stitch. Hence the double moss stitch.

Now the cozy is all done and is damp and blocking on a pint carton. The worsted weight yarn that is the carrier is black and the Cascade Fixation is a dark purple. Obviously, the cozy is slightly more black than purple and that's why it is on this blog.

The image on the left was taken Tuesday morning. The one on the right was taken Thursday afternoon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

What are you making? I love DPNs, but I usually use 5 :)

8:14 PM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

Oh, sorry about that. This is my *famnous* Destash Ice Cream Pint Cozy.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

It turned out really cool!

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home